I finally got up the nerve to clean. it. out. Because it was ridiculous people. I could barely open the door without fear of something tumbling out (except that I am pretty good at
Do you hear the angels singing?? I do!!
I know it might not look like much - but let me remind you again where we started.
So, here's how this thing went down. First, as with all organizing/purging projects, I emptied all of the contents from the closet...into my hallway.
Wow. That's a. lot. of. stuff people. This was when I had a brief fit of despair and desperately wanted to run away screaming. (But, I knew my hubby would not be pleased if he came home to see all of this all over the hall.) So...I dove in.
I sat right there in the corner and sorted through it all.
I was not really interested in purchasing any new storage for this closet at this time (no spend September), so I just used what I had on hand. Some of it I was already using in there, and some things got switched around. When we finished our garage project, I inherited the small drawers to use in here and they are perfect for my sewing tools and notions.
When it was all clean and pretty, I again pulled out my go to chalkboard vinyl and started cutting labels. I decided to just keep it simple and cut rectangles, since I had a variety of shapes and sizes to label. I labeled most everything - even some of the obvious stuff ;).
There are still a few things I would like to tweak, and I still would like to add another shelf or two up high, but for now it is definitely a breath of fresh air when I open the door.
This was my pile for donation and trash when I was finished :)